WE ARE HONORED TO SHARE THE FIRST RESPONDER SLEEP RECOVERY PROGRAM IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SEATTLE FIRE DEPARTMENT OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION TO BENEFIT THE HEALTH AND WELLNESS OF ITS' MEMBERS.
Join AXS Wellness Founder & sleep expert, Jacqueline Toomey & her firefighter husband & instructor Sean Toomey of the Denver Fire Department on April 26th - 27th for an introduction to the First Responder Sleep Recovery Program. In this educational seminar, you will have an introductory experience of the Sleep Recovery Practice. The Sleep Recovery Practice is rooted in yoga nidra methodology, which is a Department of Defense endorsed relaxation practice that has been shown to lower blood pressure, treat PTSD/ depression / anxiety, improve sleep quality and increase overall sense of wellbeing. The US Surgeon General also endorsed yoga nidra in 2010.
Sleep loss is part of the job. We get that. It always will be. That’s why we are here. We educate on how sleep works and how to optimize the little sleep you do get as a firefighter. There are proven techniques and practices you will learn in our class to maximize your sleep. This life changing class is not just helpful to your sleep, it’s health saving. You see, research is now showing that if you improve your sleep your risk for heart attack and cancer decreases. Your hormones like testosterone, your memory function, energy levels and mood will improve. Besides, who doesn’t want to feel better?
In this class, expect to learn:
- Myth-busters on what SLEEP is and isn’t
-How stress from sleepless nights directly affect heart health & hormones that impact performance on and off the job, and how to rebalance them
- Techniques to relax after a busy shift & how to reset circadian rhythm for your best sleep
- 3 Key supplements needed for high stress & demands of a firefighter schedule
- How the SRP is effective in lowering risk for cardiovascular health problems, reduction of stress and increased sense in overall wellness
- How to do an SRP! - You'll experience this highly effective relaxation technique, tailored for firefighters & proven to induce deep relaxation, lower blood pressure and improve sleep .
What you need:
Wear loose, comfortable clothing
Bring a yoga mat
We look forward to sharing this critical information in partnership with South Metro Fire Rescue.
To register, complete this form. It helps us get to know you, and to tailor some of the conversation we will have in class to you. Thank you and we look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions beforehand, please contact Jacqueline at (720)-347-0269.