AXS WELLNESS LLC IS PROUD TO BE PROVIDING THE FIRST RESPONDER SLEEP RECOVERY PROGRAM IN PARTNERSHIP WITH LOUISVILLE FIRE DEPT. TO BENEFIT THE HEALTH AND WELLNESS OF ITS' MEMBERS.
Join AXS Wellness Founder & Sleep Specialist, Jacqueline Toomey and her firefighter husband, Sean Toomey on August 30th for an introduction to the First Responder Sleep Recovery Program.
Sleep deprivation and interrupted sleep is directly linked to the leading causes of firefighter mortality to include cardiovascular disease, metabolic disease, cancer and suicide.
The First Responder Sleep Recovery Program is a comprehensive training that utilizes tools and techniques proven to optimize and promote the best quality of sleep in spite of scheduling or call volume. The solutions provided may be easily utilized and implemented at the company level with little to no financial cost or interference with firehouse routine and traditions.
Come prepared to learn in this class how sleep patterns relate to firefighter health, how sleep loss is directly linked to cardiovascular issues, cancer, and more. More importantly, be ready to learn solutions to mitigate the effects of sleep deprivation and begin to sleep better today. We will discuss nutrition, routine and environment.
The capstone of our program is a clinically proven sleep technique, endorsed by the DOD and US Surgeon General. The last hour of the class will be experiential and you’ll leave feeling rested and reenergized.
In this class, expect to learn:
- How stress from sleepless nights directly affect heart health & hormones that impact performance on and off the job, and how to rebalance them
- Techniques to relax after a busy shift & how to reset circadian rhythm for your best sleep
- 3 Key supplements needed for high stress & demands of a firefighter schedule
- How the SRP is effective in lowering risk for cardiovascular health problems, reduction of stress and increased sense in overall wellness
- How to do an SRP! - You'll experience this highly effective relaxation technique, tailored for firefighters & proven to induce deep relaxation, lower blood pressure and improve sleep .
What you need:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Bring a yoga mat
We look forward to sharing this critical information in partnership with Louisville Fire Department.
To register, you must complete this form. Thank you and we look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions beforehand, please contact Jacqueline at (720)-347-0269.